Suspended IPS officer D G Vanzara has moved an application before a special CBI Sessions Court while demanding set of statements of different witnesses recorded by two authorities in the 2004 Ishrat Jahan fake encounter case before the CBI investigated the case. The court has posted the application for hearing on January 31.
Vanzara has moved the application through his lawyer V D Gajjar. According to Gajjar, the then assistant commissioner of police with Ahmedabad City Detection of Crime Branch — Parikshita Gurjar — had conducted an inquiry in the encounter and submitted a report before the concerned court in the case in 2004 itself while filing a summary report.
“Moreover, the Gujarat High Court (HC) had appointed a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe the case. And SIT had also recorded statements of a number of witnesses in the matter. Now, these statements recorded by Gurjar and the HC-appointed SIT are not with me. And so, we have demanded complete sets of those documents. And the court has kept it for hearing on January 31,” Gajjar said.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen