The Valsad district administration on Saturday seized a wheat-laden truck while the 10,000 kilogram ‘wheat meant for public distribution’ was allegedly being smuggled to a firm at Vasai in Mumbai, on Saturday.
Acting on a tip-off, the Deputy Mamlatdar of Pardi taluka in Valsad district, Kamlesh Patel, along with his team intercepted the truck at Bagwada toll booth on NH-8 in Pardi taluka of Valsad district, on Saturday.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
On searching the truck, the officials found 200 bags of wheat worth Rs 2 lakh. The truck driver Shiva informed the police that the consignment was loaded from one Ambika weighing machine firm in Gandevi taluka of Navsari district on Saturday morning. He was ordered by a person to deliver the consignment to a flour mill in Vasai in Mumbai.
The officials seized the wheat-laden truck as they suspected that the wheat might be meant for public distribution system (PDS) from some fair price shop or godown. The truck driver showed documents of one Shivram Traders in Dahod.
Talking to The Sunday Express Deputy Mamlatdar Kamlesh Patel said, “We suspect that the consignment might be loaded from some government fair price shop or godown .”