A 16-year-old girl was killed and her brother sustained injuries when a two-storey building collapsed early Friday morning at Koili Fadia locality in Vadodara. The congested locality posed a challenge to the fire department personnel who went there for rescue operation.
The building was said to be around a century old and was in dilapidated condition. The 22-year-old, Pawan Mehtania, who was rescued by the fire personnel, said that he had intimated the civic body about the dilapidated condition of the building, but no help was received from them.
The deceased has been identified as Yashika Mehtania. The injured was rushed to the SSG Hospital for further treatment. Officer of the fire department, M N Mod, said that the locality being congested posed challenge to them and took time in rescue operation.
“The roof of the top floor collapsed, which took down the roof of the first floor after falling on it, leading to the two persons living in it to trap. “While we could not save the girl who was trapped in rubble,” he said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More