A 16-year-old girl was killed and her brother sustained injuries when a two-storey building collapsed early Friday morning at Koili Fadia locality in Vadodara. The congested locality posed a challenge to the fire department personnel who went there for rescue operation.
The building was said to be around a century old and was in dilapidated condition. The 22-year-old, Pawan Mehtania, who was rescued by the fire personnel, said that he had intimated the civic body about the dilapidated condition of the building, but no help was received from them.
The deceased has been identified as Yashika Mehtania. The injured was rushed to the SSG Hospital for further treatment. Officer of the fire department, M N Mod, said that the locality being congested posed challenge to them and took time in rescue operation.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
“The roof of the top floor collapsed, which took down the roof of the first floor after falling on it, leading to the two persons living in it to trap. “While we could not save the girl who was trapped in rubble,” he said.