The Vadodara police are on high alert after three unidentified persons opened fire at a police control room (PCR) van in the wee hours of Friday in Gorwa area of the city.
The PCR van patrolling the Gorwa-Chhani area was attacked at around 2 am. Although no one was injured in the incident, the police commissioner has issued instructions to officers across the city to be on the lookout for miscreants during the Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations.
The incident of firing at the PCR van occurred when the officers on patrol duty came across a suspicious car parked on the roadside, occupied by three men with masked faces.
Officials said that on seeing the PCR van approaching, the men tried to escape with the car. When the policemen on duty tried to chase the car, the gang fired two rounds at the PCR van. Police Commissioner E Radhakrishna said, “The officer on patrol duty saw three men sitting in a car with their faces covered. They had not expected them to be armed. When they tried to intercept the vehicle, the men attacked the PCR van. We have reports that similar people have been arrested by the Ahmedabad police and we are verifying if they were these three men.”
He said that the incident of finding a bag of weapons abandoned at the bus station was an isolated incident. The bag was found by the security personnel of the bus depot who alerted the police. “There were three pistols and 17 live cartridges. We are checking CCTV footage to get leads.”
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More