The Gujarat government plans to employ a professional agency to create a social media buzz for the 7th edition of the Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors’ Summit (VGGIS), scheduled to be held from January 11 to 13, 2015.
The Industrial Extension Bureau (iNDEXTb) — the state agency spearheading the event since 2003 — is scouting for Social Media Agencies who can “exclusively handle” Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Wikipedia, WhatsApp, Telegram (Mobile Messaging App), Search Engine Optimisation and other social media platforms between August 2014 and March 2015, sources said.
The state government, which used to run advertisement campaigns in foreign media to invite investors ahead of the earlier VGGIS, will have the social media campaign go viral in a big way this time.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s office has confirmed his presence at the inauguration of the VGGIS, which he launched on January 11, 2003. The summit will follow the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas celebrations from January 7 to 9 to be held at Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar. Modi is expected to attend the celebrations on January 8.
The seven-month-long campaign is targeted at specific “stakeholders”, including investors, national and international leaders and corporate houses.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
iNDEXTb has invited “sealed expression of interest” from experienced firms for “creation and execution of comprehensive social media promotion and digital marketing campaigns on a turnkey basis”. Firms have been invited to submit “sample of ideas” that they plan for “executing the social media campaign for Vibrant Gujarat and for making it viral”. The last date of submission of the tender is August 21.
The state government agency is looking for firms that can support multiple languages including English, Hindi, Gujarati, Chinese and Japanese. “They (interested firms) should regularly optimise the Search Engine Optimisation and see that Vibrant Gujarat-related events are on the top searches,” the tender document states.
The social media and digital strategy is aimed at taking the Vibrant Gujarat message to a targeted audience such as investors, industry leaders — both national and international — and others. It also involves implementing online advertisement strategy on social media websites and other important sites that are visited by the business community.
The state government also plans to host “Google hangout sessions with top industry leaders, Nobel laureates, among others, to promote the Vibrant Gujarat event”. Similar Google hangout sessions was popularised by PMNarendra Modi in the run-up to the Lok Sabha election earlier this year. This Hangout, which was hosted and moderated by Bollywood actor Ajay Devgn, was used for the first time by an Indian political leader .
Apart from the hangout sessions, the state machinery is also looking at a day-to-day posting of informative and promotional material on the event including pictures, video, comments, stories and articles.
Handing comments and feedback is also an important part of the scope of work. “Comments — positive/negative — should be carefully handled on the social media and promptly replied, either by mail, phone, etc (by the agency). This would be done in consultation with Vibrant Gujarat officials.”
The details of previous Vibrant Gujarat events— videos, print advertising, TV commercial films —will also be made available to the agency for “the purpose of leveraging that content on social media most effectively”. The state government is also looking to “evaluate the impact of these campaigns”.
Apart from an aggressive social media campaign, the government has also planned a number of pre-Vibrant Gujarat events, including a Maritime Education Conference, in which it is expected to ink MoUs with UK-based Plymouth University and Korea Maritime and Ocean University on August 20, sources said. There will be a series of similar meets, including the Asia BRTS meet, International meet on Chemical Industry, Indian Renewable Energy Summit and others in September 2014.