At the end of a roadshow scripted to cover all the labour-dominated areas of Ahmedabad, including a good part of Maninagar Assembly constituency represented by Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) national convenor Arvind Kejriwal continued his attack calling Modi a “property dealer for the Adanis and Ambanis”.
Addressing a public meeting on Saturday at the end of the roadshow, he said that he was fortunate that he was not finished in a police encounter during his Gujarat tour. “I have heard that Modi does not allow Independents (MLAs), they are either threatened or killed. Main bhagwan aur allah ka shukraguzar hoon ki mera encounter nahin hua. Gujarat mein to kuchh bhi ho sakta hai (I am thankful to God that I was not killed in an encounter. Anything can happen in Gujarat).”
The police had to lathicharge protesters reportedly from the BJP, twice during the meeting, at one point a stone landed at Kejriwal’s foot.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Attacking on the issue of security, Kejriwal said that he and his party members, who had toured all the 26 districts of Gujarat in the last four days, were attacked four times. “Even if for 47 days, I was a chief minister. If Gujarat’s CM cannot provide security to a former Delhi CM, how can he protect the six crore Gujaratis?” said Kejriwal.
“He sent thousand policemen to stop me 5 kms from his home. Was I going to gobble him up or what?” said Kejriwal.
Questioning the tom-toming of Modi’s tea vendor origins, Kejriwal said, “Chai bechnewale ke paas hawai jahaz kahan se aaya? (From where did a tea seller get a plane?)”.
Kejriwal continued his Ambani-Adani salvo and said that Modi had struck a deal to make “Ambani’s son-in-law Saurabh Patel Gujarat’s CM if he became PM and therefore his every public meeting is sponsored by the Ambanis,” he added.
“Modiji cannot even look after his own constituency, what will he look after Gujarat or the country!” he said. “Now Modi is telling the whole country that he has freed Gujarat of corruption, if he becomes PM, he will tell America that he freed India of corruption,” he added. Kejriwal also visited Gandhi Ashram on Saturday morning.
AAP chief takes out roadshow
Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) chief Arvind Kejriwal-led party’s roadshow in Ahmedabad on Saturday criss-crossed through residential and commercial areas of the city, several of which are BJP bastions.
Kejriwal, who began the roadshow at around 2 pm from the party’s local office located at Shreyas crossroads, travelled in an open jeep with AAP supporters and policemen alongside.
Though his roadshow officially had about seven vehicles, many party supporters on two-wheelers accompanied Kejriwal.
“We have come all the way from Rajkot. I am among the 800 party members who have come for the public meeting to be held at Bapunagar later in the evening,” said Chandra Arora. “We are enthused to see our leader Kejriwal come to Gujarat. He is honest to the core,” said Arora, a PhD scholar.
AAP supporters raised slogans — Shelia Dixit haari hai, ab Modi ki baari hai (after Shelia Dixit’s debacle, now it’s Modi’s turn)— as the rally passed through the city.