President Pranab Mukherjee on Wednesday said that terrorism poses the most serious threat to the world’s peace and security and asked the international community to work together to eradicate the menace.
“Terrorism today poses the most serious threat to our peace and security. The international community will need to work together. We will need to foster tolerance and understanding in all societies and eradicate the scourge of terrorism,” said Mukherjee, who is here on a three-day visit — the first by an Indian President in 18 years.
In his speech at the state banquet given in his honour by President Bidya Devi Bhandari, Mukherjee said the common challenges would necessitate an environment of peace and security in the region and beyond.
Nepal Foreign Minister Prakash Sharan Mahat said no country should allow its territory to be used against another country and condemned all forms of terrorism. Former PM Sher Bahadur Deuba said Nepal was aware of India’s concerns and condemned terrorism.
On his arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport here, Mukherjee was received by Bhandari and later the two leaders had a meeting.
“The bilateral meeting was warm and cordial,” foreign ministry officials here said.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More