A teenager was killed while two others went missing after they were swept by waves of sea off Muldwarka coast near Kodinar in Gir-Somanath district on Sunday.
Police said that six teenage boys of Bukhari Mohalla locality in Kodinar went to Muldwarka on a picnic and were enjoying a swim in the sea when they were swept in deeper waters.
- Cyclone Ockhi: Three weeks for Christmas, black flags cast shadow over Kerala coastal villages
- Cyclone Ockhi: In this Kerala village, they say, never seen sea this angry
- Cyclone Ockhi highlights: Death toll rises to 12 as heavy rains lash Kerala, Tamil Nadu
- Search on for missing fishers with normal deployment of ships, says Indian Coast Gaurd
- Mumbai: Three teenagers drown in sea near Shivaji Park
- Gir Somnath beach tragedy: Bodies of 2 missing teenagers fished out
While three of them were rescued by local fishermen, Hussain Naqvi (15) drowned. His body was later fished out.
Rescue operation was on to save the missing two boys, said police.