SWINE flu claimed five more lives in the state Monday, taking the toll to 392 since January this year. The deaths were reported one each from the districts of Surat, Vadodara, Gandhinagar, Sabarkantha and Dwarka.
The total cases of Swine flu across the state is 6,186 with 38 new cases were reported from districts of Surat (11), Ahmedabad (10), Jamnagar (3) and others (14) while, another 53 cases were cured on Monday.
- H1N1 virus claimed 719 lives in state this year
- 16 swine flu deaths in Madhya Pradesh since July 1: Government
- After 9 deaths, 58 positive cases, swine flu gives Punjab a summer scare
- 9 more die of Swine flu, toll 292
- After Sonam Kapoor, co-star Salman Khan undergoes swine flu test
- 10 more die of Swine flu, toll 275
However, the meteorological department has predicted clear skies from Tuesday onwards for next five days, bringing a relief for farmers and health experts.
The unseasonal rainfall and hailstorm at several districts in Gujarat witnessed during the previous week that had damaged the crops hitting the farmers hard and left the health experts concerned over dip in temperatures and an increase in moisture levels in the air, conditions that could trigger the Swine flu cases in the state.
The daytime temperatures witnessed a decline of five to six degrees across the state. The highest maximum temperature recorded on Monday was 32 degree Celsius in Amreli, while the lowest minimum temperature was 13.2 degree Celsius in Naliya. Ahmedabad recorded maximum temperature of 31 degree Celsius and minimum of 17.9 degree Celsius.