A jeweller was killed in Surat in broad daylight on Thursday, after two youths, wearing masks, entered a shop at Gopipura, slit his throat, and tried to rob the gold and silver ornaments.
The suspects, however, escaped empty-handed as other shop keepers in the locality rushed in on hearing the commotion.
The victim has been identified as Rajendra Pawar, a resident of Shaktinagar Society in Katargam, who runs a gold and silver jewellery shop in Soni Complex at Gopipura.
According to the police, the incident took place around noon when Rajendra was alone in his shop. The youths first beat him up, and when Rajendra shouted for help, one of them, slit his throat with a knife. Both youths fled the scene, when they saw other shopkeepers converge on the scene. When the other shopkeepers arrived, they saw Rajendra lying in a pool of blood on the floor. A nearby doctor was called, who declared him dead.
Police from Athwalines rushed to the spot and later sent the body to New Civil Hospital for post mortem, Police also informed Rajendra’s wife and 16-year-old son about the incident.
Athwalines police inspector D D Damor said, “We have acquired the CCTV footage from the shop and the main road junctions. We have found out that the criminals escaped in an auto-rickshaw.”
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
This incident in Surat comes just a week after three armed men shot dead a bullion trader in Ahmedabad and looted over Rs 1 crore from him.