Underworld don Om Prakash Srivastav alias Babloo Srivastav, currently lodged at Bareilly jail in Uttar Pradesh, will be produced before a judicial magistrate court in Surat on Monday in an attempted murder case following directions from the Supreme Court.
The Surat police is likely to seek custody from the court to interrogate the gangster who is said to have masterminded the firing incident on March 28, which was, according to investigators, an attempt to threaten alleged hawala operator Afroz Fatta.
The Surat police’s transfer application to the apex court also said that it was interested in investigating the administration of Bareilly jail, which had become a safe haven for the likes of Srivastav.
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
While seeking his transfer, the Surat police told the apex court that it wants to investigate how “Bareilly Central Jail has become a safe haven for such dreaded criminals like him, the loopholes in the jail administrative set-up, which he could successfully exploit for various luxuries like use of mobile phones, and more importantly, whether any jail personnel is in connivance to commit such heinous criminal conspiracies”.
A week after Enforcement Directorate (ED) officials raids that busted Fatta for his involvement in over Rs 5,000 crore scam, two bike-borne men shot at Amjad Dalal, a friend of him, in Adajan area of Surat mistaking him as Fatta. Investigation revealed the shootout was done at the behest of don Babloo Srivastav.
“Fatta was warned that this time. He was asked to speak to one Nana within 48 hours or else his life would be at risk. Who is Nana and how Srivastav is connected to this person, will only be revealed through custodial interrogation,” the Surat police affidavit stated which was filed in the apex court. Underworld don Chhota Rajan is also known as “Nana”.