Underworld don Om Prakash Srivastav alias Babloo Srivastav, currently lodged at Bareilly jail in Uttar Pradesh, will be produced before a judicial magistrate court in Surat on Monday in an attempted murder case following directions from the Supreme Court.
The Surat police is likely to seek custody from the court to interrogate the gangster who is said to have masterminded the firing incident on March 28, which was, according to investigators, an attempt to threaten alleged hawala operator Afroz Fatta.
The Surat police’s transfer application to the apex court also said that it was interested in investigating the administration of Bareilly jail, which had become a safe haven for the likes of Srivastav.
While seeking his transfer, the Surat police told the apex court that it wants to investigate how “Bareilly Central Jail has become a safe haven for such dreaded criminals like him, the loopholes in the jail administrative set-up, which he could successfully exploit for various luxuries like use of mobile phones, and more importantly, whether any jail personnel is in connivance to commit such heinous criminal conspiracies”.
A week after Enforcement Directorate (ED) officials raids that busted Fatta for his involvement in over Rs 5,000 crore scam, two bike-borne men shot at Amjad Dalal, a friend of him, in Adajan area of Surat mistaking him as Fatta. Investigation revealed the shootout was done at the behest of don Babloo Srivastav.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“Fatta was warned that this time. He was asked to speak to one Nana within 48 hours or else his life would be at risk. Who is Nana and how Srivastav is connected to this person, will only be revealed through custodial interrogation,” the Surat police affidavit stated which was filed in the apex court. Underworld don Chhota Rajan is also known as “Nana”.