Surat-based alleged Hawala operator Afroz Hasan Fatta has been arrested by the officials of Directorate of Enforcement (ED) here in Ahmedabad on Wednesday. He is accused of hawala transaction said to be over Rs.5000 crore in just two months with the help of purported diamond trading firms run by him.
According to sources ED had issued summons to Fatta for his appearance on Wednesday. After grilling him for hours the officials arrested him. Sources said that Fatta was not cooperating with the investigation. He refused to divulge details of other suspects including the alleged mastermind of the racket Sunderlal Jain who is still absconding.
Fatta hit a controversy after the Congress released his photos with Prime Minister in-waiting Narendra Modi during the poll campaign earlier this month while attacking back BJP also put out his photos with Congress candidate Mohammed Azharuddin. Later Fatta had told The Indian Express that he had nothing to do with any political parties.
Fatta is alleged to have floated nine firms, which existed only on papers. With these firms he forged bills of entry based on which he tranferred the money abroad with the held of a private bank in violation of the Foreign Exchange Management Act.
Soon after ED busted Fatta his links with the underworld also started cropping up. Two bike-borne men shot at one Amjad Dalal, a friend of Fatta, in Surat. Investigations led to the fact that the shootout by done at the behest of don Babloo Srivastava who is lodged in UP jail.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Following this incident an envelope with six bullets was found at Fatta’s Mumbai residence, which is considered to be a sign that he was probably on the underworld radar.