Bollywood actor Sunil Shetty joined the campaign for his friend Paresh Rawal, the BJP candidate for Ahmedabad East Lok Sabha constituency, here on Sunday. Shetty arrived at the BJP central election office in Hirawadi area of the city where party workers and fans crowded him and Rawal as both entered the office.
Shetty told reporters at the Hirawadi central election office that as he had a close personal and profession relation with Rawal in film industry, he thought it apt to campaign for him in his effort to make political scene a clean one with his entry in the Parliament. “Rawal has very good nature and leads a very simple life minus any pomp that goes with film acting. That he is a busy actor, he has still continued his association with drama and stage acting which shows his commitment to acting as his passion,” Shetty said.
He said that it was purely for love of a man like Rawal, who had a right mindset with a straightforward conduct, that he came in support of him. “Pareshbhai is an ideal candidate in Lok Sabha to represent Gujarat,” Shetty said, adding that “he will also represent the film industry on our behalf”.
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
- 24 Maoists Killed In Encounter In Odisha
“I hope the people here will vote for him heavily and take the voting percentage to as high as 85 per cent despite the marriage season and the heat, which should not deter us from casting votes,” he said.
Rawal said that he was quite fine with the campaign. When asked about the talk making rounds that he was not comfortable with harsh weather conditions which made him often sick, he said, “I am quite okay. If I fall sick, I do fall sick, there is no problem with that and there is no conspiracy behind this by any political party about this here.” He also opened a party election office at Rakhial area in the evening.