A seven-year-old boy died after he got stuck between the wheel and the chassis of a car in Navsari district. With the boy stuck in the wheel, the car was driven at least 125 m before it stopped, police said Friday. The incident happened at Sarasya village in Khergam taluka Thursday when five boys were playing on the main road.
Seeking money on account of Holi, the children tried to stop the car of one Hitesh Solanki who was going to Valsad. However, Solanki allegedly did not stop the car which hit one of the boys, identified as Rutvik Ramesh Patel.
- Boy dies in leopard attack at Nashik's Sakur village
- Lamborghini launches 'world's first super SUV': Pictures, specs and price
- Eight-year-old run over as juvenile reverses car in southwest Delhi
- Man on motorcycle killed after his leg gets stuck in rough edges of barricade
- Driver held, says Om Prakash Rajbhar was in car that mowed down 5-year-old boy
- Two boys die of suffocation in Delhi after getting stuck in car for 9 hours
According to police, Solanki continued driving for about 125 m till the car dragged to a halt. To his shock, he found the boy stuck between one of the front wheels and the chassis of his SUV. Soon, villagers and the father of the boy gathered at the spot and beat Solanki, who was later handed over to Khergam police.
The body was retrieved only after the wheel was removed. Khergam police sub inspector A R Tadvi said, “We have registered an offence of reckless driving against the Hitesh and even we have registered rioting complaint against villagers who had beat him. Hitesh is at present admitted in the hospital as he had incurred severe internal injuries. Some of the villagers also had beat Hitesh’s mother. We will arrest Hitesh after he is discharged from the hospital.”