In his first public appearance in Gujarat after being crowned the national president of the BJP, Amit Shah on Friday outlined the saffron party’s future course of action by stating that BJP needed to make significant inroads in to the southern and eastern parts of the country.
“Modi’s era has begun…and so in the coming days, our role as party workers stands changed,” Shah said, while addressing BJP workers and supporters at the Sardar Vallabhai Patel International Airport in the evening.
“We have to be the link between what the (Modi) government and the common man. The party’s workers need to ensure that the work of the government reaches the common man,” said Shah, who was welcomed by chief minister Anandi Patel and members of her Cabinet.
“In the coming days, BJP has to be strengthened in the eastern and southern parts of India. We need to create a strong network of workers from booth to state in these regions. For this, workers need to go door-to-door…,” he said speaking from a temporary stage erected at the parking area of the airport.
During his brief speech, Shah said that he was humbled to occupy a post that was once held by stalwarts like Syama Prasad Mookerjee, A B Vajypayee and L K Advani. He also narrated to the gathering of how he started off as a booth worker of the BJP in Gujarat, before going on to become the party president.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Meanwhile, Anandi Patel, who is known to have political differences with Shah in the past, heaped praises on the newly party president. “The lion’s share of appreciation for BJP’s victory in Lok Sabha elections should go to Amitbhai,” she said in Gujarati.
“With Assembly elections slated to be held in three states in the coming months, I am sure Amitbhai will repeat the feat he performed in UP (during the LS elections),” she said, while describing him as a person who has a rare ability to “read people”. “We all expect the Amit and Modi duo to do wonders in the coming days,” she added.
“Normally people take a month-long-break for the marriage of their children. But he has come with just a day more to go for his son’s ring ceremony,” said Patel stressing on Shah’s commitment to work. She also choose to bless Amit Shah saying that she is older to him. “Our blessings are with you to do better,” she added.