In his first public appearance in Gujarat after being crowned the national president of the BJP, Amit Shah on Friday outlined the saffron party’s future course of action by stating that BJP needed to make significant inroads in to the southern and eastern parts of the country.
“Modi’s era has begun…and so in the coming days, our role as party workers stands changed,” Shah said, while addressing BJP workers and supporters at the Sardar Vallabhai Patel International Airport in the evening.
“We have to be the link between what the (Modi) government and the common man. The party’s workers need to ensure that the work of the government reaches the common man,” said Shah, who was welcomed by chief minister Anandi Patel and members of her Cabinet.
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
“In the coming days, BJP has to be strengthened in the eastern and southern parts of India. We need to create a strong network of workers from booth to state in these regions. For this, workers need to go door-to-door…,” he said speaking from a temporary stage erected at the parking area of the airport.
During his brief speech, Shah said that he was humbled to occupy a post that was once held by stalwarts like Syama Prasad Mookerjee, A B Vajypayee and L K Advani. He also narrated to the gathering of how he started off as a booth worker of the BJP in Gujarat, before going on to become the party president.
Meanwhile, Anandi Patel, who is known to have political differences with Shah in the past, heaped praises on the newly party president. “The lion’s share of appreciation for BJP’s victory in Lok Sabha elections should go to Amitbhai,” she said in Gujarati.
“With Assembly elections slated to be held in three states in the coming months, I am sure Amitbhai will repeat the feat he performed in UP (during the LS elections),” she said, while describing him as a person who has a rare ability to “read people”. “We all expect the Amit and Modi duo to do wonders in the coming days,” she added.
“Normally people take a month-long-break for the marriage of their children. But he has come with just a day more to go for his son’s ring ceremony,” said Patel stressing on Shah’s commitment to work. She also choose to bless Amit Shah saying that she is older to him. “Our blessings are with you to do better,” she added.