A Mumbai court refused to grant regular bail to suspended IPS officer DG Vanzara on Friday. Vanzara lodged in the jail for the past seven years without any trial had placed his incarceration as one of the main grounds while pleading for the bail.
Vanzara had sought bail in Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case in which his name figures as accused number-one. He is alleged to have masterminded the fake encounter in which Sheikh’s wife Kauser Bi was also killed by a police officials. He is also alleged in Tulsiram Prajapati case which has been merged with Sohrab case for trial.
Vanzara had pleaded for bail on the ground that he was arrested in 2007 and since then is lodged in the jail in judicial custody. He also placed the cases of his junior officials who were recently granted bail including supended IPS officers Rajkumar Pandian, Abhay Chudasma, Dinesh MN among others. In fact, out of 23 accused 17 have been granted bail.
One of the main grounds behind granting bail to these accused cops was their incarceration in the jail for the past seven years and further delay in trial. The courts had observed that the trial of the case doesn’t seem to be concluding in recent future because of the volume of documents required to be proved and number of witnesses to be examined.
The CBI had opposed Vanzara’s bail stating that he is the mastermind of the encounter in which three persons were murdered, besides there are other cases against him pending at different stages. This order will make sure that Vanzara will retire from the service within the jail premises on 31s May.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016