A Mumbai court refused to grant regular bail to suspended IPS officer DG Vanzara on Friday. Vanzara lodged in the jail for the past seven years without any trial had placed his incarceration as one of the main grounds while pleading for the bail.
Vanzara had sought bail in Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case in which his name figures as accused number-one. He is alleged to have masterminded the fake encounter in which Sheikh’s wife Kauser Bi was also killed by a police officials. He is also alleged in Tulsiram Prajapati case which has been merged with Sohrab case for trial.
Vanzara had pleaded for bail on the ground that he was arrested in 2007 and since then is lodged in the jail in judicial custody. He also placed the cases of his junior officials who were recently granted bail including supended IPS officers Rajkumar Pandian, Abhay Chudasma, Dinesh MN among others. In fact, out of 23 accused 17 have been granted bail.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
One of the main grounds behind granting bail to these accused cops was their incarceration in the jail for the past seven years and further delay in trial. The courts had observed that the trial of the case doesn’t seem to be concluding in recent future because of the volume of documents required to be proved and number of witnesses to be examined.
The CBI had opposed Vanzara’s bail stating that he is the mastermind of the encounter in which three persons were murdered, besides there are other cases against him pending at different stages. This order will make sure that Vanzara will retire from the service within the jail premises on 31s May.