The Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC) demolished a four-storey building on Varachha main road that houses a diamond factory for flouting construction norms.
It was owned by the son of an SMC executive engineer, because it did not comply with the building by-laws.
The issue was raised by the BJP municipal corporator of Varachha, Bhimji Patel, on Wednesday evening in a general meeting at SMC office, about a newly built commercial complex by Vivek Gadhiya, son of SMC executive engineer, B K Gadhiya.
Sources said that entire diamond factory building, including basement and ground floor, was illegally constructed at Tapi industrial society. However , V Gadhiya also had submitted his project file to pay impact fee with Varachha Zone office. B K Gadhiya also had used his personal links to cover up the violations by his son.
BJP corporator Bhimji Patel, personally investigated and later took up this issue in the general board. The Surat Municipal Commissioner M K Das passed an order to Varachha officials to check the illegal construction and get it demolished.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Acting on his instructions, the Varachha Zone officials rushed to Tapi Industrial Estate and started demolition. SMC sources said that the construction was done on 24,900 square feet and that the demolition work was under progress till Thursday evening.