The Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC) demolished a four-storey building on Varachha main road that houses a diamond factory for flouting construction norms.
It was owned by the son of an SMC executive engineer, because it did not comply with the building by-laws.
The issue was raised by the BJP municipal corporator of Varachha, Bhimji Patel, on Wednesday evening in a general meeting at SMC office, about a newly built commercial complex by Vivek Gadhiya, son of SMC executive engineer, B K Gadhiya.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
Sources said that entire diamond factory building, including basement and ground floor, was illegally constructed at Tapi industrial society. However , V Gadhiya also had submitted his project file to pay impact fee with Varachha Zone office. B K Gadhiya also had used his personal links to cover up the violations by his son.
BJP corporator Bhimji Patel, personally investigated and later took up this issue in the general board. The Surat Municipal Commissioner M K Das passed an order to Varachha officials to check the illegal construction and get it demolished.
Acting on his instructions, the Varachha Zone officials rushed to Tapi Industrial Estate and started demolition. SMC sources said that the construction was done on 24,900 square feet and that the demolition work was under progress till Thursday evening.