Former BJP minister and general secretary of Gujarat Parivartan Party Gordhan Zadaphia’s sharing of dais with Narendra Modi at a function of the Khodaldham Temple Trust on Tuesday is being viewed in political circles as an indication of Zadaphia’s effort to return to party fold.
Modi and Zadaphia did not interact with each other even once during the function, though both were seated in the front row, with attendees comprising over 50,000 farmers from politically important Saurashtra. Trust leaders said that inviting the CM to the function and the latter having attended it is in itself a big political development because Zadaphia — Modi’s bete noire — is one of the important members of the trust. Sources said that inviting CM to the function was not possible without Zadaphia’s consent.
Sources said that since GPP president Keshubhai Patel’s son Bharat Patel recently joined BJP, pressure is mounting on Zadaphia to open a channel of communication with BJP. According to sources, it was Naresh Patel, a prominent Leuva-Patel businessman, who is playing an important role in this new development.
With the latest political developments like emergence of Aam Aadmi Party and the response from the public across the state, a debate has begun on now to bring Zadaphia back to the party, sources said. Zadaphia, who quit BJP along with Keshubhai before the 2007 Assembly polls over their differences with Modi’s style of functioning, was BJP’s general secretary and is known for his organisational ability. Ever since GPP was set up with Keshubhai Patel as its president, Zadaphia has been running it single-handedly because of Keshubhai’s age and illness. But GPP could not perform well due to Modi’s tight grip over the electorates and it won only two seats in December 2012 Assembly polls.
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
- Bigg Boss 10 December 5 Review: Manveer Calls Swami Om ‘kachdaa’
- PM Narendra Modi Declared Winner Of TIME Magazine’s Person Of The Year – Reader’s Poll
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest