The Gujarat High Court has granted 10-day temporary bail to each of the two convicts of the 2002 Sardarpura massacre case of Mehsana district. A division bench of the HC, comprising Justices Jayant Patel and Z K Saiyed, passed an order in this regard on Wednesday. The two convicts have been identified as Suresh Patel and Dahyabhai Patel.
Additional Public Prosecutor K L Pandya said that Suresh had sought bail to appear in a masters’ examination, whereas Dahyabhai had sought the bail to perform social rituals following the death of his father.
In November 2011, a special trial court for the case had convicted 31 persons and condemned them to life imprisonment. Recently, all the convicts had moved regular bail petitions before HC. However, they subsequently withdrew the same. Thirty three Muslims were burnt alive in Sardarpura village of Mehsana during the communal violence in 2002.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen