Globally most trusted brand of India is “political elections”, said former chief election commissioner of India S Y Quraishi on Friday during his lecture at the Switch Global Expo in Vadodara.
Speaking at the innovation lecture series, Quraishi said the Indian elections are “the biggest human managed events” on the earth, and the management of such big events needs innovations in its functional machinery.
Stressing the importance of innovation and technology, Quraishi said, “With the introduction of EVM, we were able to save the 11,000 metric tonne paper in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.”
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Talking about corruption in election funding, he suggested, “A party should not ask for funds from the corporate and mafias, instead there should be a system where the EC can give a fixed amount per vote every party gets in the election.” Such a system is in place in most European countries, he said.