The vice-chancellors (V-Cs) of different universities in Gujarat held a meeting with Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat at the residence of an industrialist in Ahmedabad on Wednesday evening. The meeting was turned as “breakfast” meeting where the RSS chief introduced its ideology to the V-Cs. Bhagwat was in Ahmedabad for the past three days which ended with the meeting at the house of Pankaj Patel, chairman of Cadila Healthcare, a renowned city-based pharma company. Patel was not immediately reachable for comments. The RSS, however, downplayed the meeting as “routine”.
Sources said that the meeting was attended by various vice-chancellors as well as industrialists. M N Patel, V-C of Gujarat University, said that the meeting was attended by many of his counterparts and Bhagwat had been invited by them. He, however, didn’t divulge specific details. “I attended the meeting for a short time where we discussed with Bhagwat about the ideology of the RSS. We also asked him about his stand on art, culture and other such topics. We asked him specifically on his take on English as a language and we were surprised to hear that he was advocating promotion of all languages, including English.”
MSU V-C Yogesh Singh also attended the meeting. When asked about it, he said, “It was a breakfast meeting with Bhagwat, who introduced RSS ideology to the V-Cs present at the meeting.” RSS workers said that Bhagwat also held meetings with the office-bearers of the organisation and also with various social workers and industrialist to understand “what is happening at different fields in the state and how to take RSS movements further.” They said that this is a routine pravas (tour) of Bhagwat, who keeps touring the state. Before this meeting, Bhagwat also met Chief Minister Anandi patel at RSS office in Maninagar.
Last month, Bhagwat met Vadodara’s royal Gaekwad family members, including Samarjisinh and invited him to attend a religious ceremony at its headquarters in Pune.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016