Lagging behind the schedule for the Sardar Sarovar dam project with majority of sub-minor canal works to be completed, the state government has announced Rs 9,000-crore fund for the project in its budget which also includes Rs 500 crore for its ambitious Statue of Unity project on Tuesday.
Giving details of the Sardar Sarovar project, Finance Minister Saurabh Patel said, “In the last three years, works of 5,342 kms have been completed by acquiring 10,726 hectares of land from 70,840 farmers with their consent. Till date, canal works of the length of 25,079 km have been completed and irrigation capacity for total 9.75 lakh hectares has been created.”
“In order to accelerate the works of canal construction, about 232 works costing Rs 9,091 crore have been taken up during April 2010 to May 2014. Now, we are planning to complete the remaining works of canals and distribution network in a phased manner in 2015-16,” he added.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Patel also added that for construction of canals, provisions of Rs 1,406 crore for Saurashtra region, Rs 1,422 crore for north Gujarat and Rs 1,138 crore for Kutch region have been made this year.