For the third year in succession, Chhath puja in Gujarat has been planned on a large scale. Besides scores of devotees, several prominent figures — including Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani and his ministers — are expected to visit Sabarmati Riverfront on November 6 and 7 during the festivities.
Watch What Else is Making News
The “Chhath Sanskritik Mahotsav-2016”, organised by Chhath Mahaparv Samanvya Sangh (CMSS) that has been managing this event for the last two decades on Sabarmati Riverfront in Shahibaug area, claimed “grand” arrangements for this year’s edition.
“This year, besides the CM, five senior ministers, state chief secretary and the director general of police are expected to attended the event. Last year, only the CM and one minister were part of the celebrations. We have invited BJP president Amit Shah, but his presence has not been confirmed yet,” general secretary of CMSS Sona Singh Rajput.
Arrangements for the puja has been made for an estimated 20,000-25,000 people, mostly those belonging from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. Last year, around 17,000 people had gathered at the Riverfront for dusk and dawn rituals.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Vice-chairman of CMSS K D Pathak said Ahmedabad had been witnessing Chhath puja celebrations for 25 years, but it had become grand in the last five years. However, he claimed that the grand celebration had nothing to do with the next year Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh.