Bringing about yet another reform in the Class XII Science stream, the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB) decided to allow Class XII students for appearing in one or more subjects of the third and fourth semester that they may have missed or been absent for.
This way, they won’t have to wait for another year to appear for the examination, which has been the case till now. For this, a special remedial examination would be conducted by the Board in July.
“The decision was taken after the Board received several representations from educationists, students and parents requesting us to allow students to appear for those exams on a later date so that they don’t end up wasting one academic year. This decision was taken for the benefit of students and make the semester system more effective,” said GSHSEB chairman R R Varsani.
The students can apply through their schools. The schools have to collect the applications from such students of the third and fourth semester who were absent in one or more subjects and submit them to the Board by June 14.
The Board will charge an examination fee for this remedial exam. The computerised list of students, along with the fee collected from them, is to be submitted personally to the Board before June 20.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
As per the reforms introduced in Class XII Science stream from the academic session 2011-2012, it was also decided that no student will be held back in Class XI as re-appear or supplementary exams will be held only after Class XII. No student is declared failed in Class XI as the average of all the four semesters are considered before declaring the higher secondary results.