Bringing about yet another reform in the Class XII Science stream, the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB) decided to allow Class XII students for appearing in one or more subjects of the third and fourth semester that they may have missed or been absent for.
This way, they won’t have to wait for another year to appear for the examination, which has been the case till now. For this, a special remedial examination would be conducted by the Board in July.
“The decision was taken after the Board received several representations from educationists, students and parents requesting us to allow students to appear for those exams on a later date so that they don’t end up wasting one academic year. This decision was taken for the benefit of students and make the semester system more effective,” said GSHSEB chairman R R Varsani.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
The students can apply through their schools. The schools have to collect the applications from such students of the third and fourth semester who were absent in one or more subjects and submit them to the Board by June 14.
The Board will charge an examination fee for this remedial exam. The computerised list of students, along with the fee collected from them, is to be submitted personally to the Board before June 20.
As per the reforms introduced in Class XII Science stream from the academic session 2011-2012, it was also decided that no student will be held back in Class XI as re-appear or supplementary exams will be held only after Class XII. No student is declared failed in Class XI as the average of all the four semesters are considered before declaring the higher secondary results.