With the Lok Sabha elections drawing to a close next week and poll predictions favouring Narendra Modi as the next Prime Minister, the clamour for Chief ministership in Gujarat has already begun with senior state minister Nitin Patel saying that he is ready to take up the job if the party extends him an opportunity. There are many others in the race, including senior minister Anandi Patel, UP BJP in-charge Amit Shah, who is also a MLA from Gujarat, another minister Saurabh Patel and party leader Purshottam Rupala for the CM post. “I am ready to be Chief Minister if party asks me to take up the job,” Patel said.
“If you ask this question to any MLA that are you ready to be the Chief Minister, he will reply in positive. If you ask Virat Kohli that would he like to be the captain of India, he would obviously not say no,” Patel said. Patel, the Finance Minister in Modi cabinet, though insisted that whatever the party decides will be accepted by all, including him, and the discipline will not be breached.
With the possibility of BJP’s PM candidate and current CM Narendra Modi — who has been heading Gujarat since 2001— occupying the country’s top post as per many poll predictions, the race for Chief Ministership within the party has gained momentum.
However, voting for the two phases in the nine-phased 2014 Lok Sabha elections is yet to be conducted and results will be declared on May 16, making it clear whether the post of CM falls vacant or not. BJP insiders believe that it will be a difficult task for them to fill up the post of the chief minister if the BJP gets mandate for central rule, as nobody will be able to fit into the shoes of Modi.
Party sources said a final decision in this regard will only be taken by the central leadership after May 16.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More