The Rashtriya Kishan Dal, a non-political organisation, has come forward and openly extended its support to BJP in the upcoming parliamentary elections, as the latter has included issues related to farmers in its manifesto.
RKD sources had, earlier, written a letter and also sent an email about their issues to all national political parties to include their issues in their manifesto, which the BJP did. Following this, the RKD leaders decided to support BJP in the Lok Sabha Elections. They also said that the Congress had not included their issues in their manifesto.
The RKD’s office, which is registered in Gandhinagar and has has units in other states of Maharashtra, Haryana, Delhi, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh among others, had written to all its state unit head offices and informed them to work in support of the BJP as well.
Besides, hundreds of RKD members, who are all farmers, will visit Varanasi in the coming days to campaign for BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
RKD’s national president Hasubhai Thaker, who is a farmer by profession, had, along with other members of the organisation, held a meeting with the farmers of Surat district on Saturday afternoon, urging them to also support BJP.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Earlier, RKD had decided that if no political party pays heed to their issues, they will campaign for NOTA.
Addressing media persons on Saturday, Hasubhai Thaker said, “RKD has 35,000 registered members in Gujarat. In other states, we have lakhs of farmers as its members. Our members had earlier carried out a meeting with Murli Manohar Joshi, who had assured us of including our issues in the BJP election manifesto.
Our issues include subsidised bank loans on crop, insurance cover, uninterrupted power and irrigation water. We are glad that BJP had included 53 such points in their manifesto. We have also initiated group meetings with farmers across Gujarat to spread the message. Similar meeting are been carried out by our unit members in other states.”