District and Sessions Court of Rajkot on Wednesday reserved its order on the anticipatory bail plea of BJP corporator Narendra Solanki. The court will hear his anticipatory bail plea on March 24.
Solanki had moved the court last Thursday seeking anticipatory bail in connection with alleged attempt to murder property dealer Jagdish Rathod.
The matter came up for hearing in the court of additional sessions judge GM Damodara on Wednesday.
- Court rejects bail plea of Rajkot builder accused of raping a woman
- Rajkot court denies anticipatory bail to BJP leader in attempt to murder case
- Rajkot court reserves order on BJP leader Solanki's bail plea till March 24
- BJP leader Narendra Solanki fails to get anticipatory bail in attempt to murder case
- BJP corporator Narendra Solanki ends fast, says ready to face arrest
- BJP corporator on police radar resigns from RMC
Appearing for Solanki, senior advocate Niranjan Daftari said prima facie, the applicant was not involved in the case. “Police do not have evidence to prove that Solanki was part of any criminal conspiracy to attack Rathod.
The original complaint does name Solanki as a suspect and Rathod’s wife Damyanti, who is complainant and also a BJP corporator from Ward number 22 of Rajkot Municipal Corporation (RMC), only raised suspicion that Solanki was behind the attack only in her further statement,” Daftari argued.
The senior advocate further submitted that his client should not be subjected to any prejudice just because he had turned a sanyasi a year-and-half ago.
“Police have relied on statement given by arrested that they acted at the behest of Solanki to attack Rathod. But during primary interrogation, the accused had not named our client and had instead said that they attacked Rathod over payment of money for a plot of land.
On top of all this, police have no witness telling that three persons arrested in the case were real assailants,” pleaded Daftari.