- Maha defeat for Congress
- Despite odds, a consolation
- NOTA beats smaller parties, tribals use it most
- Power shift: BJP may eye co-operative bodies next
- At 88, PWP MLA Ganpatrao Deshmukh wins his 11th Assembly polls
- Many BJP ‘imports’ fail election test despite Modi rallies
- Corruption taint spurs INLD debacle, Chautala scion loses
Rahul Gandhi meets salt-pan workers in Rann of Kutch
Just days after Arvind Kejriwal visited salt-pan workers in Kutch district of Gujarat, Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi on Friday evening reached Kharaghoda in neighbouring Surendranagar district for a “chaupal” with over 200 salt-pan workers.
In this interactive session with salt-pan workers, Gandhi is expected to listen to the problems faced by the families who are engaged in producing salt in the salt-pans in Kharaghoda, where the main business is salt production. However, media has been kept out of this session.
Gandhi also visited some of the salt-pans in the Little Rann of Kutch to personally see the process of salt making by these families. Earlier in the day, Gandhi addressed a public rally at Balasinor in Kheda district of the state.