In its 2012 Assembly manifesto, BJP had promised to convert nearly 15 lakh huts in rural areas to pucca houses. The project is, however, yet to materialise. With the LS polls approaching, the government is now geared up to chalk out the details. A new scheme is now likely to be announced soon.
On Wednesday, the Cabinet sub-committee, comprising top four ministers, Revenue Minister Anandi Patel, Finance Minister Nitin Patel, Energy Minister Saurabh Patel and Rural Development Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasma, met to chalk out details. In the meeting held after the Cabinet meeting, the senior ministers, however, did not reach any conclusion, sources said.
xSources, however, also maintained that the government is now racing against time to make announcements in this regard. “The idea is to announce details of the project before the dates of LS polls are announced,” said a top Rural Development official. In 2012, Modi promised to build 50 lakh houses across Gujarat, covering both rural and urban areas. A state Rural Development survey last year revealed the total number of huts in over 18,000 villages in Gujarat was around 15 lakh. As per the BJP poll manifesto, these huts will be converted into houses. “The government is likely to depend on existing schemes, including Sardar Patel Awas Yojana, Rajiv Gandhi Awas Yojana and Indira Gandhi Awas Yojana,” said an official. “While most details of the huts have been taken, some fine details about the criteria of their classification and the specific scheme, are yet to be finalised,” sources added. The government announced affordable housing policy for urban areas last week.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen