The seventh edition of the Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors Summit 2015 may be the biggest so far with Prime Minister Narendra Modi set to inaugrate the show and world business leaders expected to attend. For the first time, in December, there will be road shows and pre-summit events in major cities of the country and Gujarat, to encourage small and medium scale Gujarati businessmen to be a part of the international event.
“ The small and medium scale industrialists and businesmen were feeling left out. So for the first time road shows in six major industrial cities, along with 11 major cities in India, will be held in December”, said a senior bureaucrat.
The cities to see road shows include Rajkot, Surat, Rajkot, Gandhidham, Vapi Vadodara and Bharuch. Besides, road shows in other states as a pre summit event will also be there this time at New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Jaipur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Bhubhneshwar, Guwahati, Lucknow and Hyderabad.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
While Rajgopal IAS will be in charge of the road shows in Gujarat, the respective collectors or municipal commissioners are being appointed as chairmen for the cities. Chief Minister Anandi Patel will lead the road show in Delhi and Industries minister Saurabh Patel in Mumbai, other cabinet ministers will lead the shows in the rest of the states. Medium and small scale industries have been the focus sector in past summits too.
For the first time the state government, which sends delegates globally in many industrial cities is taking an effort to woo local businessmen in a big way. The state industries department is hoping that this will result in major participation from machine tools and auto parts units in Rajkot, diamond and textile units from Surat and like wise chemicals sector from Bharuch.
“The idea is to provide a platform to local industries with foreign delegates and businessmen to forge new deals and share technologies and innovations,” said an official from CMO.