The seventh edition of the Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors Summit 2015 may be the biggest so far with Prime Minister Narendra Modi set to inaugrate the show and world business leaders expected to attend. For the first time, in December, there will be road shows and pre-summit events in major cities of the country and Gujarat, to encourage small and medium scale Gujarati businessmen to be a part of the international event.
“ The small and medium scale industrialists and businesmen were feeling left out. So for the first time road shows in six major industrial cities, along with 11 major cities in India, will be held in December”, said a senior bureaucrat.
The cities to see road shows include Rajkot, Surat, Rajkot, Gandhidham, Vapi Vadodara and Bharuch. Besides, road shows in other states as a pre summit event will also be there this time at New Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Jaipur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Bhubhneshwar, Guwahati, Lucknow and Hyderabad.
While Rajgopal IAS will be in charge of the road shows in Gujarat, the respective collectors or municipal commissioners are being appointed as chairmen for the cities. Chief Minister Anandi Patel will lead the road show in Delhi and Industries minister Saurabh Patel in Mumbai, other cabinet ministers will lead the shows in the rest of the states. Medium and small scale industries have been the focus sector in past summits too.
For the first time the state government, which sends delegates globally in many industrial cities is taking an effort to woo local businessmen in a big way. The state industries department is hoping that this will result in major participation from machine tools and auto parts units in Rajkot, diamond and textile units from Surat and like wise chemicals sector from Bharuch.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
- O. Panneerselvam: 10 Things You Need To Know
- PM Narendra Modi Slams Opposition For Not Letting Parliament Function
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui On Working In Raees: Was Nervous To Shoot With Shah Rukh Khan
- Bathinda Dancer Murder: Video Showing Accused Opening Fire At Marriage
- 5 Lesser Known Facts About Sasikala Natarajan
- Congress Leader Shashi Tharoor’s Delhi Home Burgled: Here’s What Happened
- Reserve Bank Of India Keeps Repo Rate Unchanged Post Demonetisation
- Bigg Boss 10 Dec 06 Review: Swami Om Pees In Kitchen
- Lenovo k6 Power Video Review
“The idea is to provide a platform to local industries with foreign delegates and businessmen to forge new deals and share technologies and innovations,” said an official from CMO.