The Tulsiram Prajapati encounter case has finally been shifted to the Mumbai court conducting the trial in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case. An official of the CBI special court from Ahmedabad, appointed by the Gujarat High Court, was sent to Mumbai’s Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate on Sunday evening, along with the case documents. The case will be merged with probe into the Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter that is awaiting trial.
Union Law Minister Kapil Sibal had claimed recently that BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi is a potential accused in the Prajapati case. Tulsiram was gunned down by the accused in a fake encounter near Chhapri village in Banaskantha district on December 28, 2006. Tulsiram was known to be a close aide of Sohrabuddin.
The CBI investigation has claimed that the Tulsiram and Sohrabuddin cases are interlinked. The Central agency had claimed that Tulsiram was an eye-witness in Sohrabuddin encounter and that’s why he was killed in a fake encounter by the accused, many of whom are also accused in the Sohrabuddin case. The transfer of the case now means that about a dozen accused policemen lodged at Palanpur sub-jail, including IPS officer Vipul Agarwal, will be moved to Mumbai.
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
Once the formality of submitting the documents are over, the court might summon the accused. CBI, in its chargesheet filed in 2012, had named 19 persons, including BJP general-secretary and former minister of state for home Amit Shah. Besides, most accused, except suspended IPS officer Vipul Agrawal, Geetha Johri, DSP R K Patel, former DGP P C Pande and O P Mathur, are named in the Sohrabuddin case as well.
Three cops get bail in Sohrabuddin case
The Bombay HC on Monday granted bail to three police officers accused in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case. It, however, granted stay on operation of its order for a week, following a request made by the CBI.