Poll-fatigued was obvious on Chief Minister Narendra Modi as he took to stage on Saturday with a raspy voice to address the audience at the launch the 10,000 seat Garima Park campus of leading IT service provider Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) in Gandhinagar.
The event which began after an hours delay saw BJPs prime ministerial candidate speaking about the effect of his recent political rallies in poll-bound Chattisgarh. He said,Tape isliye kharaab hai kyunki chunav ke maidaano se aa raha hun,wahaan Bhashan alag hai aur bhasha bhi alag hai (The tape recorder is bad because I am coming from poll-bound state,where the speech and the language are completely different).
While inaugurating the new green software development facility – TCS Garima Park – spread across 25 acres with a built up area of 1.6 million square feet,Modi said,Khushi ka mahaul zyaada hota hai jab shaadi ke bahut saalon ke baad bachha aaat hai (There is more rejoicing when a child is born late in a marriage).
Lauding TCS for having broken the notion that Gujarat was lagging behind in the IT sector,Modi said,Even during Hurricane Katrina,there were a few BPOs in Gujarat that had served people and guided them so that least destruction happens.
The Gujarat CM was joined on the dais by dignitaries like Cyrus P Mistry,chairman of Tata Group and N Chandrasekaran of Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director of TCS.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Stressing about the important role that technology plays in human lives,Modi asked IT professionals to harness technology to empower the poor.
He said,Earlier,cities would come up next to rivers,later they started coming next to highways a time will come when they will come up next to optical fibres networks owing to the importance of technology in our lives. Gujarat has the longest optical fibre network. The Gujarat Government has earned a revenue of Rs 400 crore just because the checkposts on Gujarat-Maharastra border have technological surveillance, he said.
Taking a pot-shot at the Congress,he said,Even if any PM cannot avert corruption,you can change things. If you dont believe me now,then you will after June.
The campus is an approved Special Economic Zone that will serve global customers across industry segments.
Speaking on the occasion Tata Group Chairman Cyrus P Mistry said,The Gujarat state is important to the Tata Group. We admire the the efficiency in governance here and the world class infrastructure and the intelligence of the people in the state. This has been a journey of a decade and the state government and TCS has together created an IIIT to train professors and we have continuously been hiring engineering and IT graduates from the talent pool from the state and with this 10,000 facility,we plan to add more numbers as well.