Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will launch a Gandhi heritage web portal in New Delhi on September 2. The portal,running into five lakh pages,will showcase the intellectual heritage of the Mahatma.
The Union Culture Ministry had sanctioned Rs 7.5 crore as a corpus fund to the Sabarmati Ashram Preservation and Memorial Trust (SAPMT),Ahmedabad,that has developed the portal,www.gandhiheritageportal.org. It will display the collected works of Mahatma Gandhi,Gandhiana (Gandhis original writings),writings of Gandhis close associates,autobiographies of Indian leaders during Gandhis time where Gandhi was mentioned,and first and second generation biographies of the leader.
The launch of the portal is a part of the recommendations of the Gandhi Heritage Committee,headed by Gopal Krishna Gandhi.
The SAPMT on Tuesday that the portal is the most authentic source of information surrounding the legacy of Gandhi and his works. We have got official confirmation from the PMO regarding the launch. We have prepared a film describing the contents of the portal which will be presented before the PM, said Kartikeya Sarabhai,one of the trustees of SAPMT,while announcing the launch at Gandhi Ashram. SAPMT director Tridip Suhrud,Gujarat Vidyapith Vice-Chancellor Sudarshan Iyenger and other team members of the portal were present during the announcement. According to Suhrud,who is the Editor in Chief of the portal,the trust will bear the expense of running and maintaining the portal. With the launch of this portal we hope people will be able to distinguish between what exactly Gandhi said or did and what is being p ortrayed in his name, Iyenger said during the media briefing.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More