BJP patriarch L K Advani on Wednesday praised Prime Minister Narendra Modi for leading an honest government at the Centre and also fulfilling promises made by the party in the run-up to the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
“The purpose of my visit to the state is to inform people about achievements of the BJP government,” he told reporters at the airport here. Later, Advani led Vikas Gaurav Yatra to celebrate two years of Narendra Modi government at the Centre and Anandiben Patel government in Gujarat.
- Congress counters Modi on party organisational polls, reminds him of Advani and Joshi
- L K Advani turns 90: BJP veteran celebrates birthday with visually-impaired children
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar greets L K Advani on his birthday
- Modi in Gujarat highlights: PM tears into Congress, says 'development' will defeat 'dynastic politics'
- PM Modi’s rally to mark end of Gaurav Yatra
- Will be happy to see Narendra Modi as Prime Minister: L K Advani
The Gandhinagar MP covered the 9.50-km long route in a car, while mayor Gautam Shah, deputy mayor Pramodaben Sutariya and AMC standing committee chairman Pravin Patel followed him in an open jeep. The yatra covered Sabarmati and Naranpura Assembly constituencies.
Adavni’s yatra started at 7.15 pm from Kankariya Hanuman Mandar near Sola Housing and culminated at Chandlodiya lake. There was thin crowd during the yatra, and even BJP workers did not participate in large numbers.