BJP patriarch L K Advani on Wednesday praised Prime Minister Narendra Modi for leading an honest government at the Centre and also fulfilling promises made by the party in the run-up to the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
“The purpose of my visit to the state is to inform people about achievements of the BJP government,” he told reporters at the airport here. Later, Advani led Vikas Gaurav Yatra to celebrate two years of Narendra Modi government at the Centre and Anandiben Patel government in Gujarat.
- No state or win is small, Tripura a big, ideological victory: Narendra Modi to party MPs
- Unprecedented Budget, makes India and BJP proud: L K Advani
- Advani on show in his seat, but it’s all about Modi
- Shah drives for Advani’s Gandhinagar
- Will be happy to see Narendrabhai as PM
- Will be happy to see Narendra Modi as Prime Minister: L K Advani
The Gandhinagar MP covered the 9.50-km long route in a car, while mayor Gautam Shah, deputy mayor Pramodaben Sutariya and AMC standing committee chairman Pravin Patel followed him in an open jeep. The yatra covered Sabarmati and Naranpura Assembly constituencies.
Adavni’s yatra started at 7.15 pm from Kankariya Hanuman Mandar near Sola Housing and culminated at Chandlodiya lake. There was thin crowd during the yatra, and even BJP workers did not participate in large numbers.