The prices of piped natural gas (PNG) for ceramic industries located in the two main clusters of Gujarat have been reduced by Rs 2.07 per standard cubic meter (scm), an official release from the state government said Friday.
The reduction — which brings down the prices of PNG to Rs 31.86 per scm — that was promised by CM Vijay Rupani during his Independence Day speech, is expected to benefit 908 ceramic units in Morbi-Wankaner (746 units) and Thangad-Surendranagar (162 units) clusters. The official release claimed that the reduction in prices will provide a relief amounting to Rs 150 crore on an annual basis.
Interestingly, the reduction in prices in these regions is also seen as a move to appease the Patidar community which operates a sizable number of units in these two clusters.
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
- Jayalalithaa’s Health: AIADMK Women Supporters Continue Special Prayers For CM
- HTC Desire 10 Lifestyle First Look Video
- Fissures Remain Within Samajwadi Party: All You Need To Know
- Big Cheer For Delhi-Noida Commuters, DND Flyway Becomes Toll Free
- PM Modi Meets New Zealand Prime Minister John Key
- Ex-Arunachal CM Kalikho Pul Left Behind “Secret Notes” Before He Was Found Hanging: Rajkhowa
- Big Relief For Former Karnataka CM BS Yeddyurappa: Here’s Why
- Missing For Three Days, JNU Student Found Dead In Hostel Room
- Bigg Boss 10: Review Of October 25 Episode
- Delhi Government’s Rs 200 Crore Riverfront Plan: Find Out More
- School in Jammu & Kashmir’s Bandipore District Set on Fire
- Ajay Devgn On The Making Of Shivaay: Exclusive Interview
- Bodies Of Maoists Killed In Malkangiri Encounter, One Of The Biggest Such Operations