The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) has been assigned the work of preparing a Detailed Project Report (DPR) for the second phase of Ahmedabad Metro which is expected to cost an estimated Rs 6,500 crore and connect Ahmedabad with the state capital, Gandhinagar. The second phase will be over 30-km long and will connect important landmarks in Gandhinagar, like the Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City) and Mahatma Mandir. Currently, there is no public transportation facilities to these two locations.
“The entire second phase will not have any underground section and so it will cost less than Phase I. It is estimated that the route length of the second phase will be about 30 km and it will cost about Rs 6,500 crore. DMRC has already begun conducting the traffic and topographic studies and is expected to finalise the DPR by December end,” a senior official connected with the Ahmedabad Metro project told The Indian Express on condition of anonymity.
It was DMRC that had prepared the DPR for the Phase I of the project that links the eastern and western parts of Ahmedabad city. The Metro-Link Express for Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad (MEGA) Company Ltd — a 50:50 joint-venture between the Government of India and Government of Gujarat — is implementing the first phase which is 37.76 km long, costs about Rs 10,700 crore and has a six-km long underground section.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
“In the second phase, the Motera Metro station (on the North-South Corridor of Phase I) will be connected to Gandhinagar. The proposed route will be: Motera-Koba circle-Indroda circle-Saint Xavier’s school-Police Bhavan-Akshardham Temple-Mahatma Mandir,” he added. The route will also cover the residential areas of Sector 16 and Sector 22 that falls between Akshardham (Sector-21) and Mahatma Mandir (Sector-13C).
About 1,000 odd people go to the GIFT City to work on a daily basis and Metro connectivity will be a boon for them.