The Patidar Anamat Andolan Samiti is now reaching out to other communities left out of the quota system, appealing them to join the Dandi Ekta Yatra from Saturday.
Surat convener of the Samiti Alpesh Katheriya said that his outfit is organising members of Brahmin, Rajput, Maharashtrian Patil and other communities to participate in the yatra from Dandi to Ahmedabad. The outfit is also planning to organise a public meeting ahead of the Ekta Yatra, announced by the Samiti convener Hardik Patel following an inconclusive meeting with Chief Minister Anandiben Patel on Monday.
- No police nod, but PAAS to go ahead with Mansa event; Hardik set to attend
- Gujarat Assembly elections 2017: My campaign is against BJP, people will make right choice, says Hardik Patel
- Six Patel outfits hit out at Hardik: Turned Patidar andolan into personal andolan
- Gujarat assembly elections 2017: Two key Patidar leaders join BJP, Hardik Patel says 'people are with me'
- Patels plan Ekta Yatra from ‘secret’ location
- ‘Reverse’ dandi march over quota demand: Yatra on Sunday, Patels to seek help from Patil, Gurjar leaders
Katheriya said, “We have got support from other communities like Lohana Samaj, Brahma Samaj, Maharashtrian Patil Samaj, Rajput Samaj and Bhandari Samaj. A few days ago, we had met leaders of other communities and their response was positive. They will also participate in the Ekta Yatra.”
The Samiti leader further said: “We have also written songs for the Patidar stir. This will motivate the participants. We have got good support from women and students during our society meetings, and they are ready to participate in the yatra. We will again carry out meetings with members of other communities and seek their support.” The Samiti of late is taking all its key decisions in Surat, where the Patidar community is highly influential. Most diamond firms and powelooms in the city are owned by the Patidars.