Noted actor and BJP’s Lok Sabha candidate for Ahmedabad-East seat, Paresh Rawal arrived in the city on Tuesday to kick start his election campaign and vouched to work for the people of his constituency.
During an interaction with mediapersons after arriving at the airport, Rawal also made it clear that making Narendra Modi the Prime Minister is in his priority list.
“To make Narendra Modi our next prime minster is the most important agenda for me and people of my constituency during this election,” said Rawal while replying to a question on his priorities. He was accompanied by two senior BJP leaders I K Jadeja and Pradipsinh Jadeja at the airport.
To a question on him being labelled as an “outsider”, Rawal claimed he belongs to the city. “I am not at all an outsider. I belong to Ahmedabad and I usually stay here for almost one month once every year. Many of my relatives live here and my native place Paliad is also nearby,” he claimed and added that he will first visit Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel’s statue and then meet party workers in his constituency.
The actor-turned-politician also denied having any grudge or differences with sitting MP Harin Pathak, who was not given ticket by BJP this time. “We don’t have any differences. He is like my elder brother and we will work together for BJP,” he assured.
- Paneerselvam sworn in as new Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Tamil Nadu CM J Jayalalithaa Passes Away After Suffering Cardiac Arrest
- J.Jayalalithaa’s Life Journey
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
Meanwhile, after being denied the ticket, Pathak, who has shown his displeasure, alleged that the BJP is pampering “outsiders”.
To decide his action plan, Pathak had called a press conference this morning. However, BJP high command stepped in and called him to Delhi ahead of Rawal’s visit in Ahmedabad.
When asked about the ongoing protest against him by Pathak’s supporters, particularly in Dehgam which observed a bandh yesterday, Rawal said he will meet party workers and listen to them.
“I will meet each party worker. Without workers, one can never become a true leader,” said Rawal, who is scheduled to meet workers at Bapunagar and Vatva this evening.
He will meet party workers from Gandhinagar South tomorrow morning and then visit Dehgam, Nikol, Thakkarbapanagar and Naroda.
Rawal also lambasted Congress for not doing anything for 65 years. “I have full confidence in Modi and his policies. Just like Gujarat, he will transform India. Just like him, I will work for people. Congress was in power for 65 years, but they lack good intention, while Modi changed Gujarat in 12 years,” he said.