A total of 71,089 students have registered themselves with the admission committee for professional courses (ACPC) for admission to various degree courses in engineering, while the number of seats available in the state’s government, grant-in-aid and self financed institutes (SFIs) is 62,961. There are a total of 121 degree engineering colleges in the state.
Giving this information in the Assembly on Friday in response to a question by Pardi legislator Kanubhai Desai, MoS for Education Vasu Trivedi said that 50 per cent of the seats in SFIs were to be filled through joint entrance examination (JEE) and the remaining 50 per cent through All Indian Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE). The SFIs, where 50 per cent seats were being filled through AIEEE, include Nirma University, Dhirubhai Ambani Institute of Information and CommunicationTechnology, Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University and the Infrastructure University.
She also told the House that while 75 per cent of seats in rest of the SFIs were filled through JEE, the remaining seats were in the process of being filled up through management quota and NRI quota.
In response to another question pertaining to reservation in degree engineering colleges, she said that seven per cent of the seats were reserved for SCs, 15 per cent for STs, 27 per cent for OBCs, three per cent for the physically challenged persons and one per cent for children of ex-servicemen.
Regarding tuition fees charged by engineering colleges, she said that the government and grant-in-aid colleges charged Rs 1,500 per annum as tuition fee, while the fees in SFIs were fixed by the Fee Regulatory Committee (FRC) of the state government.
There is no fee for girl students studying in engineering courses in government and grant-in-aid colleges.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More