As part of its proactive governance initiative, the district administration of Rajkot conducted two camps at the taluka level recently and identified 1,090 persons with disabilities who will be eligible for benefits under various government schemes.
According to records available with the office of the Rajkot collector, the district administration held six outreach camps for villages in Gondal taluka during the first three months of this year.
To ensure that no people with disabilities, or PwDs as they are also called, is left outside the purview of the drive, villages were divided into clusters of 10 to 15, and camps held for each of the cluster.
Health workers of the state government conducted surveys in the villages to identify potential beneficiaries. At the end of the surveys, 2,230 people were enrolled for getting benefits of the the various government schemes, while 1,090 people were issued disability certificates after examining 1,725 people at these camps. Medical consultants including orthopaedics, ophthalmologists and psychiatric were present at the camps at sub-district hospital in Gondal town, community health centre in Kolithad and primary health centre in Deradi to conduct the tests.
In all, 2,230 persons were enrolled for various government benefit schemes at these camps, states a report prepared by Rajkot district collector Rajendra Kumar. The report is to be forwarded to the commissioner of health of the state government.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016