One worker was killed and 10 other sustained injuries when a blast occurred inside the boiler of a chemical company in Ankleshwar early Saturday morning. The incident took place in Meghmani Organics Limited, a company manufacturing specialised chemicals for pharmaceutical products.
The deceased was identified as Dhanraj Pratapsinh (18). At least eight of the 10 injured were rushed to the SSG Hospital in Vadodara for treatment. Police said Pratapsinh had succumbed to severe burns while the injured had sustained severe burns and were being treated in different hospitals in Bharuch and Vadodara.
An FIR was lodged against the company management under Section 174 of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC), though no arrests have been made so far in this connection, Ankleshwar GIDC police said.
- Mumbai’s Haji Ali Dargah Trust to SC: Ready to give women access to sanctum sanctorum
- Samajwadi Party Crisis: 5 Quotes By Mulayam Singh Yadav At Press Conference
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Vs Shivaay: What Delhites Pick
- Supreme Court Directs Vijay Mallya To Fully Disclose Foreign Assets In 4 Weeks
- 5 Reasons To Watch Ae Dil Hai Mushkil
- BSP Supremo Mayawati Criticises PM Modi Over Triple Talaq: Here’s What She Said
- Google Pixel XL Phone Review: Pros, Cons And Final Verdict
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Says Army donation Is Voluntary
- Rock On 2 Trailer Launch: Farhan Akhtar, Shraddha Kapoor, Prachi Desai On Their Roles
- Cyrus Mistry’s Career Timeline
- Stalker Kills Woman At Metro Station In Gurgaon: Here’s What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 October 24 Review: Seven Contestants Nominated For Evictions
- Power Struggle In Mulayam’s Party: Here’s What People Reacted
- 1 Dead, 5 Injured In Low Intensity Explosion In Delhi’s Naya Bazaar Area
- Delhi: Naya Bazar Explosion Cctv Footage
While the company officials could not be contacted for reaction, the officials of the Bharuch Industrial Safety and Health department said the blast occurred at a plant numbered C, as early as five in the morning. The hexane distillation plant developed some problem due to which the blast occurred and fire was caused. The fire might have been caused due to faulty chemical reaction, they said.
“We are yet to get the details of the actual cause of the blast, but primary investigation shows that a fire was caused in one of the hexane distillation plants of the chemical company that left one dead and as many as ten injured with severe burns. The factory runs in three shifts and we are not in a position to say as to how many workers were engaged during the time of the blast. Further investigation is on,” deputy director of Industry Safety and Health department, D K Dave said.