One worker was killed and 10 other sustained injuries when a blast occurred inside the boiler of a chemical company in Ankleshwar early Saturday morning. The incident took place in Meghmani Organics Limited, a company manufacturing specialised chemicals for pharmaceutical products.
The deceased was identified as Dhanraj Pratapsinh (18). At least eight of the 10 injured were rushed to the SSG Hospital in Vadodara for treatment. Police said Pratapsinh had succumbed to severe burns while the injured had sustained severe burns and were being treated in different hospitals in Bharuch and Vadodara.
An FIR was lodged against the company management under Section 174 of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC), though no arrests have been made so far in this connection, Ankleshwar GIDC police said.
While the company officials could not be contacted for reaction, the officials of the Bharuch Industrial Safety and Health department said the blast occurred at a plant numbered C, as early as five in the morning. The hexane distillation plant developed some problem due to which the blast occurred and fire was caused. The fire might have been caused due to faulty chemical reaction, they said.
“We are yet to get the details of the actual cause of the blast, but primary investigation shows that a fire was caused in one of the hexane distillation plants of the chemical company that left one dead and as many as ten injured with severe burns. The factory runs in three shifts and we are not in a position to say as to how many workers were engaged during the time of the blast. Further investigation is on,” deputy director of Industry Safety and Health department, D K Dave said.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016