A 16-year-old boy was swept away in the Narmada canal and at least four other villages in Vadodara district were cut off after continuous heavy rains since Tuesday, saw Dadhar river flowing over danger mark.
The four villages — Dangiwada, Naranpura, Bamboj and Veerpura — have been marooned after the water from the river submerged the approach road to the villages. A flood alert has been sounded for the rural areas in Dabhoi area of the district.
In Alamgir village in Vadodara district, a 16-year-old boy was swept away while bathing in the Narmada canal. Jatin Parmar, who had recently made an unsuccessful attempt in his Class X exams, had gone to the canal to bathe with his friend Akshay Pawa when both were swept by the surging current in the canal due to heavy rains. Akshay was saved by a local resident Mitesh Pawa, but Jatin lost his life despite attempts from the fire officials who rushed to the spot to rescue the boy.
Dadhar river surrounds the four villages and the rising water level in the river has forced villagers to remain confined to their homes.
In another village, Rajli, in Dabhoi, four houses have been damaged, but people have been safely evacuated after a flood-like situation. According to officials of the district administration, Dadhar river has reached its danger point because of heavy rains in Madhya Pradesh.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
With the Sardar Sarovar dam in Narmada inching towards overflow, the situation, it is feared, will worsen. Currently Narmada dam is rising up from 120.9 metres towards its maximum level of 121.9 metres.
“Once the water from Narmada also begins to overflow, the Dadhar river will result in more flooding of villages in the district. We have already issued a flood alert in most parts of the talukas adjoining Dadhar in Vadodara district,” an official said.
Vadodara city saw a respite from heavy rains on Wednesday.