On the second day of his Gujarat visit, BJP national president Amit Shah held separate meetings with several BJP leaders and MLAs as well as Union Minister Piyush Goyal.
The Minister of State for Power arrived at Shah’s residence on Saturday morning and their meeting lasted for almost one and half hours, said BJP sources. Later, Goyal also met Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani at his residence to take stock of progress in the implementation of LED scheme in the Gujarat, officials said.
Meanwhile, several BJP leaders and local MLAs, including Babubhai Patel and Bhushan Bhatt from here, met Shah at his residence during the day.
Shah, who arrived here on late Thursday night, is expected to stay here till Diwali. His meetings with various party leaders is seen as BJP’s exercise to gear up ahead of state Assembly elections, due next year.
Meanwhile, more than a dozen volunteers of the Aam Aadmi Party, including its state media coordinator Harshil Nayak, were detained by the Ellisbridge police on Saturday evening when they tried to light “diyas” of “Kali chaudas”, and display a banner with a photograph of Shah. However, they were released by the police after an hour.
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
With PTI inputs