POLICE and Defence Security Corps went into a tizzy Friday morning after a security guard at INS Sardar Patel, headquarters of the Naval Officer-in-Charge (Gujarat, Diu & Daman), reported that he heard three sounds resembling gunshots. But, after an intensive search and combing operation, nothing was found and police concluded the guard might have heard sound of firecrackers bursting.
A guard posted at a communication centre of the Indian Navy near INS Sardar Patel alerted his control-room stating he heard three noises which resembled gunshots, from west of the premises at around 8.30 am. The defence security corps control-room in turn contacted the control-room of Porbandar district police.
Soon, Porbandar SP Tarun Kumar Duggal and DIG of Junagadh range Brajesh Kumar Jha reached the spot. Udyognagar police station launched an intense combing operation in the area, but found nothing suspicious.
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Audience Reaction: Ranbir, Aishwarya, Anushka Starrer Gets A Thumbs Up
- Bigg Boss 10, October 27 Review: Navin, Lokesh Fights During The Immunity Task
- Shivaay Audience Reaction: Ajay Devgn Impresses Viewers
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Caught With Defence Documents: What It Means For India & Pakistan
- The Royal Opera House Reopens After Decades Of Neglect: Here’s A Quick Tour
- Tata Sons Rubbishes Cyrus Mistry’s Allegations: Here’s What Happened
- Pakistan High Commissioner denies allegations leveled on his staffer for espionage activities
- Odisha: Villagers Refuse To Cremate Dalit Woman’s Body
- Here’s What Farhan Akhtar Said On Karan Johar-MNS ‘Deal’ Over Ae Dil Hai Mushkil’s Release
- Government’s Diwali Gift to Central Government Employees, Pensioners
- Bigg Boss 10 26th October Review: This Episode Is All About Fights
- New Zealand Beat India By 19 Runs In Ranchi; Series Levelled At 2-2
- DND Toll-Free: Noida Toll Company Moves Supreme Court Against Allahabad High Court
- British PM Theresa May Says Kashmir Is A Matter For India, Pakistan To Sort Out
- J&K: Students Suffer As Schools Along LOC Forced To Shut Amid Firing
“There was nothing to corroborate that it was a gunshot sound. After three-four hours of getting information from everybody and searching nearby areas, we decided that there is nothing special in this and so we closed it (the case),”Jha told The Indian Express.
The police said the guard could have heard noise of firecracker bursting. “Most probably, may be, some firecracker sound… one person told us that it resembled a sound of tyre burst. He heard only one noise. But, the guard who informed first said there were three noises. Three noises cannot be of a tyre burst. It has to be crackers or something like that. But nothing serious,” the DIG said.
Located on Porbandar-Dwarka coastal highway, INS Sardar Patel is a high-security zone. The communication centre where the guard was posted is located at some distance from the periphery of the INS Sardar Patel.