There are no takers for 16,532 seats in state’s degree engineering colleges during academic session 2015-16.
This became clear from the choice filling by candidates in the mock round of allotment of seats conducted by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) on Monday.
The total number of BE/BTech seats available in more than 125 engineering colleges in the state is 71,799.
- Over 40% engineering seats vacant in Maharashtra
- Engineering colleges with less than 30 per cent admissions to be shut down: AICTE
- No takers for engineering colleges in remote areas
- ACPC 1st round result 2017 declared at jacpcldce.ac.in or gujacpc.nic.in, check B E admissions result here
- Gujarat: 24,000 engineering seats may remain vacant this year
- Over 10,000 engg seats may remain vacant
However, the vacant seats exist only in self-financed colleges. There are no seats vacant in government engineering colleges.
A senior ACPC official said that vacancy of seats was not only in remote engineering colleges but also in institutes located in and around Ahmedabad as also other bigger centres like Vadodara, Surat, Rajkot and Gandhinagar.