BJP leader Subramanian Swamy, who was the guest of honour at the Sardar Patel seminar, organised by the MS University’s Faculty of Social Work in Vadodara on Thursday, said in Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Gujarat has the third chance to send a Prime Minister from the state — after Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and Morarji Desai.
Swamy also attacked the Nehru-Gandhi family, blaming Nehru for taking away Patel’s PM post. Swamy said, “Gujarat has produced strong influential leaders like Sardar Patel, Morarji Desai and now Narendra Modi. Both Patel and Desai did not get the opportunity to become Prime Ministers.
While Patel was deputy PM, the Desai government was brought down. Now, we all want Modi to become PM and do what has been denied to Patel and Desai.”
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Swamy, who was addressing the gathering of about 200, said that the title “Iron man” of was apt for Patel.
Attacking Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Swamy said, “Dr Manmohan Singh is a man of great personal character, but has no spine. It is rare to find leaders like Sardar Patel, who have great character and also the dynamism to take decisions. But Mahatma Gandhi chose Nehru as the Congress President at a time when it was decided that the President of the Indian National Congress would be the first Prime Minister of the country.”
Speaking on the Kashmir issue, Swamy said that had Patel been allowed to handle the matter, Kashmir would have been a different story.