BJP leader Subramanian Swamy, who was the guest of honour at the Sardar Patel seminar, organised by the MS University’s Faculty of Social Work in Vadodara on Thursday, said in Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Gujarat has the third chance to send a Prime Minister from the state — after Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and Morarji Desai.
Swamy also attacked the Nehru-Gandhi family, blaming Nehru for taking away Patel’s PM post. Swamy said, “Gujarat has produced strong influential leaders like Sardar Patel, Morarji Desai and now Narendra Modi. Both Patel and Desai did not get the opportunity to become Prime Ministers.
While Patel was deputy PM, the Desai government was brought down. Now, we all want Modi to become PM and do what has been denied to Patel and Desai.”
Swamy, who was addressing the gathering of about 200, said that the title “Iron man” of was apt for Patel.
Attacking Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Swamy said, “Dr Manmohan Singh is a man of great personal character, but has no spine. It is rare to find leaders like Sardar Patel, who have great character and also the dynamism to take decisions. But Mahatma Gandhi chose Nehru as the Congress President at a time when it was decided that the President of the Indian National Congress would be the first Prime Minister of the country.”
- Soon You Could Get Plastic Currency Notes: Find Out More
- Ranveer Singh and Vaani Kapoor Starrer Befikre Gets A Thumbs Up
- Supreme Court Seeks Centre’s Response Over Various Issues Regarding Demonetisation
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar Writes To West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee
- Bigg Boss 10 December 8 Review: Swami Om Feels Cheated, lashes Out At Gaurav For Jail Punishment
- South Korean President Park Geun-Hye Impeached Over Corruption Scandal
- Former Air Chief SP Tyagi Arrested In VVIP Chopper Scam
- After Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi, Liquor Baron Vijay Mallya’s Twitter Account Hacked
- Find Out What PM Narendra Modi Told Cabinet Over Demonetisation Decision
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Assures Safety Of All Tourists Stranded On Havelock Island
- Government To Waive Service Tax On Debit, Credit Card Transactions Of Up To Rs 2,000
- President Pranab Mukherjee Criticises Parliament Disruptions Over Demonetisation
- Pakistan International Airlines Flight Carrying Over 40 Passenger On Board Crashes
- Shah Rukh Khan On Raees Clash With Kaabil: It’s Impossible To Have A Solo Release In India
- US-President Elect Donald Trump Named TIME’s Person Of The Year 2016
Speaking on the Kashmir issue, Swamy said that had Patel been allowed to handle the matter, Kashmir would have been a different story.