The Gujarat High Court on Tuesday granted temporary bail to Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) leader Babu Bajrangi, convicted in the 2002 Naroda Patiya riots case who is lodged at Sabarmati Central Jail.
A division bench of Justices A S Dave and Sonia Gokani granted temporary release from jail to Bajrangi for treatment of an eye disease, from August 9 to 16.
Bajrangi had sought bail saying that he has developed 50 per cent blockade in his eye veins and needs treatment. He has said despite getting treated at a government-run hospital, he has developed partial loss of vision. Earlier also, the High Court had given temporary bail to Bajrangi for his eye treatment. He had also been given bail three other times for medical treatment of his wife and father.
The VHP leader had been convicted by a special trial court in the Naroda Patiya massacre case and sentenced to remain in jail till death.
In this riot case, 97 people had been killed on February 28, 2002 in the post Godhra riots. Along with Bajrangi, the trial court had convicted former minister of state Maya Kodnani on charges of murder and criminal conspiracy and awarded her 28 years of imprisonment.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Kodnani was released on bail last week released on bail by the HC on the ground of her deteriorating health. Besides Bajrangi and Kodnani, seven persons were sentenced to 31 years of rigorous imprisonment and 22 convicts to imprisonment of 24 years in connection with the case.