A comparison of BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi’s affidavits to the Election Commission filed during the 2007 Assembly elections and the current Lok Sabha elections shows two breaks in his academic career, one of which coincides with the reported time of his marriage with Jashodaben, whom he has named as his wife in the affidavit filed in Vadodara on Wednesday. The detail of land owned by him in Gandhinagar is also sketchy.
Besides, it shows that the former RSS pracharak only owns gold rings in the name of jewellery. He had three such rings till 2007 which grew to four in 2012, but their collective weight (45 grams) has not changed since 2007. The 2014 affidavit maintains he has four rings weighing 45 grams.
The affidavit shows that Modi, who graduated in late twenties, probably took two breaks in his overall academic life. Though he completed schooling at the right age of 17, he graduated with a BA degree from Delhi University at 28. He is said to have married Jashodaben at 19. He then got his MA degree at 33.
The plot number, of which he owns a fourth part, is listed differently in 2007 and 2012 affidavits. In the affidavit filed on November 27, 2007 with Ahmedabad collector’s office, as part of his nomination for Maninagar Assembly constituency, he had declared ownership of land at plot number 411 in sector I in Gandhinagar. However, Modi’s affidavit, filed on November 29, 2012 for Maninagar assembly seat, said he owns plot number 401/A in sector I of Gandhinagar,which he had bought on October 25, 2002, at the cost of Rs 1.30 crore. In the affidavit filed by him on Wednesday for Vadodara constituency, the plot number shown is 411.
While the purchase cost in both affidavits remains the same, there is a slight difference in the total area. If in 2007, the area of plot was 326.22 square meter, in 2012 it was 328.11 square meter. According to the 2007 affidavit, Modi owned no gold jewellery, except three rings weighing approximately 45 gm and worth nearly Rs 50,000. In the 2012 affidavit, he mentioned four gold rings weighing 45 gms and worth Rs 1.23 lakh.
- Here’s Why Delhi-NCR Gets Pollution Code On Lines Of Beijing
- PM Modi Is More Interested In TRP Politics Rahul Gandhi At Congress Parliamentary Meet
- Bigg Boss 10 December 1 Review: Priyanka Jagga Succeeds In Her Divide And Rule Strategy
- Kahaani 2 Audience Reaction: Vidya Balan Starrer Thriller Gets Mixed Reviews
- Find Out What PM Modi Said About Demonetisation On LinkedIn
- Row Over West Bengal ”Military Coup” Issue Escalates: Who Said What
- Here’s How Mohammad Kaif Replied To Virender Sehwag’s Birthday Wish On Twitter
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee’s Flight Reportedly Had Low Fuel: Here’s What Happened
- Reliance Jio Welcome Offer Extended Till March 31, JioMoney Launched
- Uri Attackers Came From Pakistan, Establishes Digital Data
- Bigg Boss 10 Nov 30 Episode Review: Captaincy Brings Differences In Manoj Punjabi & Manveer Gurjar
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi’s Official Twitter Handle Hacked
- After Rahul Gandhi’s Twitter Handle, Congress Official Twitter Account Hacked
- 3 Dead As Army Helicopter Crashes In Sukna In West Bengal
- BJP, Congress Engage In War Of Words Over Nagrota Attack: Find Out More
Born on September 17, 1950, Modi, according to the affidavits, completed his schooling (old SSC) at the age of 17 in 1967 from Gujarat Board. He did BA from Delhi University in 1978, 11 years after SSC, when he was 28. He completed Master’s degree in MA from Gujarat University in 1983 at 33.