A comparison of BJP’s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi’s affidavits to the Election Commission filed during the 2007 Assembly elections and the current Lok Sabha elections shows two breaks in his academic career, one of which coincides with the reported time of his marriage with Jashodaben, whom he has named as his wife in the affidavit filed in Vadodara on Wednesday. The detail of land owned by him in Gandhinagar is also sketchy.
Besides, it shows that the former RSS pracharak only owns gold rings in the name of jewellery. He had three such rings till 2007 which grew to four in 2012, but their collective weight (45 grams) has not changed since 2007. The 2014 affidavit maintains he has four rings weighing 45 grams.
The affidavit shows that Modi, who graduated in late twenties, probably took two breaks in his overall academic life. Though he completed schooling at the right age of 17, he graduated with a BA degree from Delhi University at 28. He is said to have married Jashodaben at 19. He then got his MA degree at 33.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls
The plot number, of which he owns a fourth part, is listed differently in 2007 and 2012 affidavits. In the affidavit filed on November 27, 2007 with Ahmedabad collector’s office, as part of his nomination for Maninagar Assembly constituency, he had declared ownership of land at plot number 411 in sector I in Gandhinagar. However, Modi’s affidavit, filed on November 29, 2012 for Maninagar assembly seat, said he owns plot number 401/A in sector I of Gandhinagar,which he had bought on October 25, 2002, at the cost of Rs 1.30 crore. In the affidavit filed by him on Wednesday for Vadodara constituency, the plot number shown is 411.
While the purchase cost in both affidavits remains the same, there is a slight difference in the total area. If in 2007, the area of plot was 326.22 square meter, in 2012 it was 328.11 square meter. According to the 2007 affidavit, Modi owned no gold jewellery, except three rings weighing approximately 45 gm and worth nearly Rs 50,000. In the 2012 affidavit, he mentioned four gold rings weighing 45 gms and worth Rs 1.23 lakh.
Born on September 17, 1950, Modi, according to the affidavits, completed his schooling (old SSC) at the age of 17 in 1967 from Gujarat Board. He did BA from Delhi University in 1978, 11 years after SSC, when he was 28. He completed Master’s degree in MA from Gujarat University in 1983 at 33.