The Gujarat High Court (HC) on Thursday granted temporary bail to a murder convict for four days to let him help his daughter, who is appearing for higher secondary board examinations, to commute from Rajkot to Porbandar for the same.
The convict, who has been granted bail by the court, has been identified as Aghera Odhavji from Rajkot. According to the details, Aghera’s daughter, Minaxi, is appearing as a repeat examinee in the upcoming higher secondary board examinations. She is taking the exam for two subjects which are scheduled on March 19 and 25.
Seeking bail for her father, the girl told a division bench of HC, comprising Chief Justice Bhaskar Bhattacharya and Justice J B Pardiwala, that apart from her father, there was nobody in the family to help her commute from Rajkot to Porbandar district, where the examination centre was located. She added that some of her relatives were not supporting them and she was not comfortable commuting alone.
- Varun Gandhi Under Attack Over Defence Deals: Here’s How
- This Diwali, Let Blind Students Brighten Up your Homes With Candles & Diyas
- CBI Files Supplementary Chargesheet In Sheena Bora Murder Case
- Soha Ali Khan And Vir Das Starrer 31st October Audience Reaction
- Sahara Chief Subrata Roy’s Parole Extended Till November 28
- Simple Tips To Secure Your Debit Card From Fraudsters
- New Zealand & India Team Being Welcomed In Chandigarh
- Mumbai Call Centre Scam: All You Need To Know
- Jammu Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti Appeals To Police: Here’s What She Said
- Shocker From Ahmedabad: Find Out What Happened
- Bigg Boss 10 Day 3 Review: Celebs Fail To Do Well in First Task
- Airtel Offers 10GB Data At Rs 259 For New 4G Smartphone Users
- Aamir Khan Starrer Dangal’s Trailer Launched: First Impressions
- TMC Supporters Attack BJP Leader Babul Supriyo
- Sri Lankan Navy Apprehends 20 Indian Fishermen
Additional Public Prosecutor Chetna Shah said that the court had granted the application while ordering to release the convict on two occasions for a total of four days. “He will be released on March 18 and will surrender to jail authorities in Rajkot on March 20. Subsequently, he will be released on March 24 and will have to surrender on March 26,” Shah said.