With an aim to understand the “necessities and expectations” of the students fraternity of the university and improve facilities at the campus, the MSU authorities on Saturday held a series of meetings with the representatives and office bearers of the students’ organisations and union representatives, seeking their suggestions and resolving to implement them within the time limit of six months with the help of a task force created for the same.
The unique exercise was undertaken a day after Finance Minister Saurabh Patel exhorted the university to prepare for “competition” from the universities being set up at Padra near Vadodara under the state government’s initiative of setting up a “knowledge hub.” It comes a day after the Vice-Chancellor Yogesh Singh was given a second term of three years.
Following detailed discussions that went on for over five hours, student leaders have been asked to submit their suggestions regarding the infrastructure, classroom, and academic facilities and their view on improvement of the overall academic functions of the varsity in writing within a week. A task force, comprising the university’s Syndicate members, will look into them and prepare to implement them within six months. Among several suggestions received form student fraternity were on-time result declaration, better women amenities on the campus, operational and upgraded microphone systems in the classrooms, common rooms for girls and students’ common rooms facilities at each faculty, establishment of placement cells at each faculty and an online placement registration portal, dissemination of information regarding examination dates, time tables, results etc., through bulk SMS to students, better canteen facilities, and extension of Wi-Fi internet facilities, among others.
- Twitter War Between Congress Leader Amarinder Singh & Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal
- Life Of Actor-Dancer Ashwini Ekbote Who Died During A Performance
- Idea Exchange With Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh
- PM Narendra Modi Bats For Equal Rights : Here What He Said On Triple Talaq
- Uncle Shivpal Targets Akhilesh, Claims CM Told Him He Will Form Another Party
- Pakistan Continues To Violate Ceasefire In RS Pura
- Samajwadi Party’s internal fight divides SP
- Cyrus Mistry Removed As Chairman of Tata Sons: Here’s What Happened
- Wreath Laying Ceremony Of Slain Soldier Sushil Kumar Observed
- Virat Kohli Powers India Home With Unbeaten 154
- Pakistan Resorts To Heavy Mortar Shelling, 1 BSF Jawan Dead, 3 Injured
- Bigg Boss 10 Weekend Ka Vaar: Priyanka Jagga Evicted
- Here’s How Much Army Welfare Fund Has After MNS Demanded Rs 5 Cr To Cast Pak Artistes
- Shiv Sena Chief Uddhav Thackeray Take A Jibe At MNS: Here’s What He Said
- Samajwadi Party Crisis Deepens: Here’s How It Will Impact UP Polls